Winter in Alanya. What is she like? The Alanya coast of Turkey has long been one of the leading destinations in summer. Although the weather here is incomparable in winter and there is something to do.
You should come to winter Turkey if you want:
- change snowdrifts for bright summer landscapes;
- sunbathe on the beach, but it’s better without sea swims. You can wander around the sea (maximum — take a dip, that’s all);
- to walk a lot, ride a bike, travel independently to different parts of Turkey;
- relax in silence without crowds of tourists.
A vacation in Turkey in winter is not suitable for you if you want to swim in the warm sea or you go for parties and nightclubs. Although some still swim into the sea in winter, and for those who love the invigorating sea, there are no barriers. Some entertainment establishments continue their work, although there are not so many of them. But the predominance of the Turkish audience will be felt.
The weather is mostly stable in December. There are many sunny days with a temperature of +21, where you can walk, exercise in the fresh air or bask in the sun. Precipitation falls, but extremely rarely. There are many times more sunny days than non-sunny ones.
In February, daytime temperatures can reach +12…+18, but it is very warm in the bright sun. There is even an opportunity to sunbathe for those who travel for a short period of time to relax. The opportunity to get a beautiful tan is provided.
If we compare the two nearby cities of Antalya and Alanya, then the weather in Antalya is cooler than in Alanya.
In winter, in Alanya, you can wander through the sunny streets from morning to evening, enjoy the sea air. Fresh and delicious vegetables and fruits can be purchased at the market: persimmons, plums, tangerines, pomegranates, oranges, apples, grapes, avocados and even strawberries. The choice is always large and there is also a range of prices.
By the way, you can still climb the mountains and there you can already see both snow and a lower temperature. In the mountains, not only is there amazing nature, especially with snow cover, but there are also good establishments with huge territories, delicious cuisine, a cozy atmosphere and the freshest mountain air, which opens up a second wind and makes the heart beat faster.
What to do in winter Alanya:
- Go on a bike ride.
- Climb the Ich-Kale fortress. The buzzing of bees, the special mountain air and the colors are as if the saturation setting has been turned to the maximum. And all this at an altitude of 250 meters above sea level.
- Go to the mountains, to the dam of the Dim River.
- Shopping. There are always local markets where there is a lot of interesting things.
- Enjoy the food.
Turkish dishes that are definitely worth trying:
- Lahmajun: minced meat with tomatoes on toasted pita bread.
- Karnyaryk: eggplant with minced meat and vegetables.
- Corn cream soup.
- Baklava is a delicious sweetness in honey and much more.
Turkey is still beautiful and charming in winter. You definitely need to come here to make sure of this. And winter is also a great time to buy a comfortable apartment for a holiday with your family or move to permanent residence.